Friday 2 April 2010

Ladybird, ladybird

I made this a while ago, using the same sort of double thread technique as the necklace with the flowers I made earlier in the year. I really like these little ladybirds, I think they are lovely.

Photobucket



I've wanted to make a pair of matching earrings for a while - but, as usual, hadn't got round to it.




I had a quick sort through my beads from Prague and selected a few little bits. I don't often wear large earrings on account of being a little person, so just a couple of small ones. Threading the ladybird and the little flower onto head pins gives me this.



I'm not good at wire wrapping, but I've found if I wrap it round a kebab skewer I can at least keep the loop size consistant. These headpins are mercifully soft, so bend quite easily.



Almost the same size...



I can use a jump ring for the leaf as the hole is through the side rather than down the middle, just to add a bit of movement to it.



Quick attack of the pliers and I'm finished :) Nice and simple :)

No comments: