Monday 6 September 2010

The one with the wedding cake

I apologise for the intermittent blog service; I think I've just hit my limit when it comes to emergency baking...

This is a 9 inch single tier wedding cake. I made it last week and then spent the two days trying to get it to absorb as much firewater as it will take. Anyone who's ever made a vodka water melon at short notice will understand.



Then I marzipanned it and iced it. I was going to take photos, but I was so wrapped up in the project I couldn't even take a decent shot at the end. It's iced in ivory fondant, dusted with pearl lustre powder and finished with white royal icing and gold and ivory organza ribbons. The spray is made from sugar stars, sugar hearts, real pearls and gold glass beads held onto white florist wire with jewellery making crimps.



I have developed a new love of pearl lustre powder, it's awesome. It hides everything. Okay, so it makes me look like I've been clubbing with a load of underaged kids, but I can live with being shiny for a couple of days.

I think I need a holiday!

No comments: